What if You Could Read Minds? It would be huge, right? Well, I’m going to show you how using NLP you can know what people are thinking, observing their eye movements, all without holding a séance. Before we get down to business, let me give you a few data points that will set the stage for this discussion.
- 40% of your brain is designed to process visual information
- Your eyes are hot-wired directly into your brain
- Your eye movements indicate what thinking process is occurring
Eye Accessing Chart
Visual Create (Vc) – When people look up to their right they are creating visual images
Visual Recall (Vr): When people look up to their left they are recalling visuals (images that they have seen before)
Auditory Create (Ac): When people to their right ear they are creating an auditory (sound, voice, music,…)
Auditory Recall (Ar): When people to their left ear they are recalling an auditory (sound, voice, music,…)
Feelings (F): When people look down to their right they are accessing a feeling (emotional or tactile). For example, it could be an emotion like happiness or the feeling of touching wet cement.
Thinking (T): When people to down and to their left they engaging in inner-dialog (talking to themselves or thinking)
94% of people are wired, with Vc, AC and F to the right and Vr, Ar, T to the left. The other 6% has these indicators reversed so Vr, Ar and T are to the right and Vc, Ac and F are to the left.
How to Tell How A Person is Wired?
The easiest way to determine how someone is wired is to ask them a question that forces them to recall a visual memory. For example, If I asked you what color is your front door you would unconsciously access a visual memory to recall the color. If you looked up to the right I would know you are wired like the 6%.