5 Ways to Become a Successful Real Estate Agent in 2023
A survey conducted by the National Association of Realtors in 2022 shows that there are only 7% of Real Estate Agents who are successful. An average Real Estate agent makes $44,172 a year while the top 1% made over $500,000 annually according to the BLS ( Bureau of Labour Statistics).
Here are 5 things super successful realtors do consistently.
1. Set Bold Goals That Inspire Them
2. Fearless Prospecting So they Do More Transactions
3. Generate leads Without Cold Calling
4. Face Challenges Head-On
5. Building Stronger Client Relationships
Mastering these three skills will accelerate your success in 2023.
If you are ready to leave complacency behind, read on.
1. Set Bold Goals That Inspire You
“It's essential to have goals that are so inspiring that you never consider giving up”.
First, you need to set some bold goals that are going to make you sweat. Super successful agents use these scary goals to motivate themselves to do the work that’s needed to succeed. Success does not come easily; most people give up along the way.
Now tell us What is that bold goal for you in 2023?
- Do you want to make 2 extra transactions a month?
- Do you want to increase the number of leads by 10% or more ?
- Do you want to close more sales?
- Do you want to make it into the top 1% of realtors this year?
Or something else? Comment down below!
2. Fearless Prospecting So they Do More Transactions
Prospecting for sales can be a daunting task, but it is essential for generating revenue as a real estate agent. The key to prospecting like the top 1% of realtors is to be fearless in your approach.
Be fearless when making calls, and be confident when asking for referrals.
Following are the steps you can take to do fearless prospecting
- Define the Worst case scenario?
- Determine How could you prevent the worst case scenario or decrease it?
- Think If the worst happens what can you do?
For instance, the worst-case scenario for most realtors is making cold calls and facing rejection. To prevent this you can write a killer script or can do some client research before making calls. Lastly, tell yourself even if the worst happens, you can always fix your mistakes and learn from them.
3. Face Challenges and adapt to Changing Dynamics
“Don’t worry about the things you can’t control like interest rate, do the things you can control such as how many calls you make a day. That's the only to survive in the ever-changing real estate market” (Jon Goodell)
The real estate industry is one of the most challenging and dynamic industries to work in.
Following are the challenges that most realtors face:
- Competition– One of the biggest challenges you will face as a real estate agent is competition. There are always going to be other agents trying to win over your clients. To stand out from the competition, you need to be able to offer something unique and valuable that other agents cannot.
- Ever-changing nature of the industry- Another challenge you will face is the ever-changing nature of the industry. Technology is constantly changing the way that real estate transactions are conducted. To stay ahead of the curve, you need to be proactive in learning about new technology and how it can be used to your advantage.
One of the most challenging things Real Estate agents struggle with is their Anxiety that gets in the way of them performing. What you can control is your attitude during these difficult times. But that is easier said than done. So we’ve got an Audio book for you that's going to show you how to let go of your anxiety so you can get a stronger mindset
Download our FREE Audio Book that shows you how to take control of Anxiety in just 7 minutes!
4. Generate leads Without Cold Calling
As a real estate agent, consistent lead generation is one of the most important things to do.
Here are the 3 things top realtors do to generate constant leads:
- Use social media to increase your leads– Make sure that you are active on the platforms that your target audience is using. Post interesting content, answer questions, and be engaging. You can also use social media advertising to reach even more people.
- Increase your leads through referrals– Ask your happy clients if they know anyone who might be interested in buying or selling a property. You can also offer incentives for referrals, such as a discount on their next purchase or sale.
- Face-to-face networking– Don’t forget about good old-fashioned face-to-face networking. Attend local events, meetups, and conferences related to real estate. Get involved in your community and build relationships with potential clients.
If you're looking for some practical tips on how to generate leads, read this blog post on 5 ways to generate leads as a real estate agent
5. Build Effective Relationships with Clients:
Building effective relationships with clients is one of the most important aspects of being a successful real estate agent. It is essential that you can build trust and rapport with your clients, as this will ensure that they come back to you time and time again.
Following are a few key things that you can do in order to build strong relationships with your clients:
- Get to know your clients on a personal level – Take the time to get to know your clients on a personal level. This means finding out about their interests, hobbies, and goals. By building a personal relationship with them, you will be able to better understand their needs and wants.
- Be available when they need you – One of the most important things that you can do for your clients is to be available when they need you. This means being responsive to their calls, emails, and text messages. If they need help outside of normal business hours, be willing to accommodate them.
- Keep your clients updated on the latest trends – Another key aspect of building relationships with clients is keeping them updated on the latest news and developments in the real estate market. This way, they will always know that they can rely on you for the latest information.
- Be authentic – Authenticity is one of the most important qualities that you can possess as a real estate agent. Your clients need to be able to trust you, so you must always be authentic with them – even if it means delivering bad news.
- Follow up– After each interaction with a client, make sure to follow up with them. This shows that you care about their experience and are interested in their feedback.
P.S. If you need to follow up like a pro watch my detailed video on How to follow up effectively.
Bottom line: Success in real estate comes down to your ability to set goals that inspire you. The top real estate agents Prospect like a pro, face challenges, and nurture client relationships. Remember! You will not immediately become the best realtor in town, You have to work for it and we are here to support you in your journey.
Join our Facebook community to talk to experts and build relationships with other realtors. Let us assist you to achieve your goal to become a successful realtor.