Benefits of using Social Media for Real Estate Agents
When you have an effective online presence, you attract more clients. Social media is the second best source of generating leads for realtors, according to the Real Estate Agents Marketing Survey 2022.
Make sure you are active on the platforms your target audience uses. Social media is an excellent platform for real estate agents to open a dialogue, share advice and maintain relationships with buyers and sellers.
Use of social media for real estate agents:
Buying or selling a home is a significant financial and emotional decision. Most people are full of questions when they undertake this endeavor. This is your opportunity to be seen as an expert that consumers can trust. The following is a handy list of Do’s and Don’ts that real estate agents should keep in mind:
Do’s of Social media:
- Promote your niche and not just a specific house. Post beautiful photos of the town in which your properties are listed.
- Be genuine, authentic, and original when dealing with people. Let your natural personality shine through your social media.
- Engage with your followers through comments or messages. Respond promptly and courteously to engage in conversations with them..
- Educate your buyers by writing informative blogs, articles, or home-buying tips.
Don’ts of Social media:
- Don’t just focus on your home listings. Think of common questions buyers and sellers ask and post on that.
- Don’t forget to post videos. Videos create an emotional connection with potential customers. Also, it improves your social media ranking in search engines.
- Don’t think that you are only communicating with first-time buyers. Have content suited for all kinds and levels of the home-buying experience.
- Don’t ignore your former clients. Include their testimonials to gain trust of potential clients.
Here is how you benefit from using social media effectively as a real estate agent:
1. Social media gives real estate agents better exposure
Facebook remains a staple for marketing for real estate agents. Social media allows you to publish listing-related content, book appointments, communicate with customers, publish reviews and keep an eye on what your competitors are doing. According to the National Association for Realtors, 76% of real estate agents believed social media results in high-quality leads compared to other sources.
Social media is ever changing so keep an eye on current trends, and campaigns. This will enable you to modify your strategies accordingly so you can generate more leads.
2. Realtors get a cost-effective way to land clients
Social media marketing is a cost-effective strategy that is used to reach the target audience and generate leads. 85% of real estate agents use social media to reach their audience. With an enormous reach and support of loyal followers, social media lets you promote your business online without investing millions of dollars. It is the fuel you need to grow your business.
Social media advertising is available on a low budget, and tools like hashtags allow you to reach your target audience for free. Run effective ad campaigns to drive quality traffic your way. Recently, 62% of realtors attributed closing deals to selling on social media. By using premium search techniques, you can generate a high ROI with limited expenditure on converting leads.
3. Helps real estate agents build a stronger relationship with customers
According to the most recent statistics from HubSpot, these top-performing social media platforms have specific time slots where consumer engagement is maximum:
- Facebook: Weekends between noon and 1 pm, 1–4 pm on Thursdays and Fridays, and 3–4 pm on Wednesdays.
- Pinterest: Always more active during evening hours. Aim for 5 pm on Fridays and 8–11 pm on Saturdays.
- Instagram: Since Instagram serves a plugged-in crowd, anytime you post will probably gain attention except between 3 and 4 pm. If you’re looking for high volume, skip Friday through Sunday.
The correct posting schedule will increase your client engagement. To build a relationship of trust, your followers need to feel that you care about what is important to them. Go beyond just liking and retweeting. Start a conversation and engage in pleasant messages with them.
4. Social media interaction gives realtors better data for decision-making
The traditional decision-making process comprises three steps; Awareness, Consideration, and Conversion. Inbound marketing keeps you aware of the data that your prospects search for. This allows you to develop search engine topics that align with their interests. You can access key insights about your brand, competitors, and industry in general. Monitor the number of your average reach and how well your content is doing with the algorithm.
When you consider and analyze this information, you can make smarter business decisions and marketing strategies to convert prospects into clients. It allows you to speak to your actual audience.
5. Real estate agents create better brand recognition using social media
85% of social media users trust reviews on social media. When real estate agents upload happy customer testimonials, potential clients gain confidence and trust in their services. This helps you turn prospects into customers. Social media marketing strategies allow real estate agents to reach a wider audience of more qualified customers.
To increase your brand awareness, you must improve your social media ROI. Measuring this allows you to check the effectiveness of your work and refine your strategies.
Here are a few metrics that help real estate agents do this:
- CTR (Click through rate) : How often people click a link on your post to access additional content.
- Conversion rate: How often your social media content is converted to a subscription or a download.
- CPC (Cost-per-click):The amount you pay per individual click on a social ad.
It is ultimately important to check that after all the time, money and resources put in, the tangible return on business. As long as your ROI is above 0, your brand is doing good on social media!