Yogi was a master of the improbable quote. Simultaneously, making no sense and at a deeper level it revealed the truth. My way of honoring Yogi is to reinterpret his quotes as if he was a sales manager.
The bolded sentences are yogi’s quote and the following sentence is my interpretation as it relates to sales.
Free e-Book: 5 Proven Ideas To Boost Your Sales By 30% - 50%
Get deep insights on how to improve sale performance in salespeople and sales teams using an Applied Neuroscience approach
Which quote is your favorite? I really like #1
1. “It’s like deja-vu, all over again.” Everything is in flux. The customers are changing, the market is changing, the world is changing. Unless you want to live in the past you better change too!
2. “It ain’t over till it’s over.” Never give up. It’s the tenacious that win!
3. “You wouldn’t have won if we’d beaten you.” Sometimes when you lose it’s not because the competition is better. It’s because we sucked. Brush it off and get back in the game!
4. “Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical.” Selling is 90% mental and the other half is activity. Do the activity and success will follow.
5. “You can observe a lot by watching.” Your customers are broadcasting their thoughts and feelings if you just shut up and pay attention.
6. “Nobody goes there anymore. It’s too crowded.” Maybe it’s time to look for another vertical that’s a lot more profitable. Let the competition fight it out in the old segment move on to higher profits.
7. “You don’t have to swing hard to hit a home run. If you got the timing, it’ll go.” There are two ways to sell; brute force and being elegant. Elegance is a lot more fun and usually a lot more profitable.
8. “The future ain’t what it used to be.” Did you believe your last sales manager when he said, it will get easier. You constantly have to be relevant to your target audience. It ain’t easy but it’s worth the effort.
9. “Slump? I ain’t in no slump… I just ain’t hitting.” Being great at sales is having a strategic plan and doing the needed activities to make it happen.
10 . “How can you think and hit at the same time?” Once you master the basics of selling you can enter a state of flow. This is where great sales are made.
All quotes borrowed from http://www.brainyquote.com/